Sunday, February 23, 2014

I'mma go hike the Appalachian Trail

I'm mostly going to keep this blog up-to-date to let everyone know that we actually are having a good time DESPITE WHAT JENNA SAYS.

Starting on March 7, I'll be beginning my 2,185.3-mile thru-hike of the Appalachian Trail.  It's going to take about 6 months, so I'm expecting to end in September - might be jogging the last 100 miles to get back to Portland in time for FOB. Have not decided. Lookin' at you, soccer bos.

The reason: I'm doing the trail to find myself, to do some soul searchi- poop in the woods for 6 mos. I am just doing this to have a good time before I settle in to the next phase of my life. I'm stoked for the experience of it and the good people I know I'll meet. And also the cheeseburgers.

The hiking partner: Jenna. She's pushing for my trail-name to be BS Bacon - there is not a story behind this. And if she tries to say otherwise, I'm throwing her off a cliff. This should be fun!

More soon.

2 comments: