Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Mile 1198!

Hello from NJ!

SO MUCH HAS HAPPENED SINCE DC. In two weeks, I've officially completed Virginia, walked through Harper's Ferry, successfully ate a half gallon of ice cream in one sitting (duh), walked through Maryland, went dancing in Baltimore, fell in love with Wees' amazing 88 year old aunt, and walked half of Pennsylvania. We're still on the trail in PA, we were just picked up by Ice Party's lovely mother yesterday and spent the night at her home in NJ.

I don't have much time to write, so I'll keep this short and just include pics.

The Mason Dixon line! Officially out of the South.

 Ice and Wees at the half way marker!

 Half way! Pre ice cream coma.

 One of my favorites - Elusive.

 Boomer - three slices deep.

 Laundry day! Sleeping bag skirts - all the rage in Duncannon, PA.

 Crossing into MD from WV.

"Hey Ice, will this snake kill me if I get close to it to take a pic?"
"Nah, totally harmless...
..."I have no idea if that snake was poisonous or not" THE TRUTH COMES OUT

 Elusive's potluck! Such a great day.

 Smudge and Ice taking it in.

 Budge and Smoomer!!

 This shelter was nicer than my apartment.

 Early mornin

 The Doyle! Old ass hotel in Duncannon.

 We were attacked by a falcon shortly after this.

Wees in rocky Pennsylvania.

We're well into Pennsylvania right now - I am having a great time but the rocks are killing my feet! I'm super stoked to get into New Jersey in a few days. I may be going into NYC for a few days coming up (??) so if you're in the city, give me a holler! I may need lodging. If you know of anyone or any place to stay, I'd appreciate it!

Also big thank you to all the amazingly generous people who have showered and fed us in the last two weeks. Steph, Jenny, Ice Party's family - you're all so great.

Kris P - I got your package in Pine Grove! THANK YOU! I hope you got my Facebook message. I accidentally threw away the packaging before I wrote down your address - would you mind commenting here or sending me a message with your address? I'd like to respond!

Next mail drop:

Kristen Bacon
C/O Mohican Outdoor Center
50 Camp Road
Blairstown, NJ 07825
Please hold for AT hiker
ETA June 9, 2014

This drop is coming up a little fast - I'll post a further out one when I'm in NYC! MORE SOON!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2nd try - we are in bklyn until 6/27 so if you + a few friends (place is small) want a place to stay, you are welcome. We have a washing machine and shower! I think my email is linked to this comment but tell me if not and I will post.

    ReplyDelete