Friday, March 7, 2014

the beginning

Writing this post from Lawrenceville, Georgia. We landed in Atlanta 2 days ago and in those 2 days, I've probably gained about twenty million pounds. Roughly. I've missed southern food.

We're staying with Jenna's dad's cousin. She and her husband are arguably the sweetest people in the world. And also wise. Her trail advice, "if you don't finish, it's crap." I hope to carry those motivational words all the way to Maine.

We went to the grocery store and stocked up on food. I think we may have overdone it a bit. My pack weight went from manageable to OH GOD WHY in about 15 minutes. Oh well, I'm sure I really do need a million snickers, RIGHT?

Starting pack weight: 30 lbs. I can, and will, cut this down.

Anyway, we start tomorrow. Game on, nerds.

2 comments:

  1. I probably won't be able to keep up with your blog while I'm on trail but best of luck! Maybe I'll see you out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 30 pounds! Damn. You will be in super good shape for FOB.

    ReplyDelete